Co-Founder: PT/FT Outreach/Research Director
WHO WE ARE:
WinWisely.org is an open source nonprofit and free to activists mobile-friendly app that is being created to answer what our team considers the mother of all questions:
How can progressive campaigns by next year be able to recruit, commit, and support/reward massively larger numbers of volunteers willing to do much bigger impact tasks to save the planet and democracy before it's too late?
To see our answer and find out more, first watch this 3 minute animation on the concept of Crowdacting (albeit applied to a more conservative strategy), and after that, go to WinWisely.org for our one-pager and reviews from over 14 top organizers and then ask to view our 10-minute demo.
Our aim is nothing less than to revolutionize organizing because history shows that organizing is our only option to achieve the above goal.
We'll be creating a one-stop shop mobile-friendly app, with a unique integration of three functionalities, the most innovative and powerful being crowdacting (see crowdacting.org). So we say WinWisely is "Kickstarter and more meets movement organizing." We also think we’ve got some creative ideas for getting the 2-6M potential big task activists out there to come to us and register.
Flexibility (willingness to wear more than one hat) a must, since this is a startup.
The following list can be adjusted based on your preferences. We welcome your own ideas,
1. liaison with the 3-4 campaigns wanting to beta test us; helping them with their questions and filling out their FAQ, etc
2. funder research, contact, and follow-up calls to arrange demo sessions
3. researching topics ranging from activist cause marketing to privacy/security tactics to behavior economics tactics for reducing flake out and increasing peer-peer bonding
4. occasional face to face user testing
5. scheduling hangouts via zoom or google with campaign organizers, tech help, potential donors, marketing gurus etc and taking good notes on such meetings (Zoom records; so need not be super fast typer)
6. if you like networking, attending conferences and events to find us useful contacts
7. optional: until we bring on board a social media/marketing talent, updating our FB and twitter accounts
8. additional duties as they come up in response to needs of the beta test campaign organizers
You choose: PT ok, but the closer to full time, the better.
1) A passion for research and networking via phone etc
2) A passion for our mission
3) Able do devote at least 3 hours per day, ideally more
4) Straight shooter regarding your needs, frustrations
5) Self starter--good at coming up with creative ideas for solving problems
1) strong contact(s) with possible donors, or at least with campaigns who might love to be chosen for our beta test, campaigns in any of the following areas:
keep fossil fuels in the ground
medicare for all
Green New Deal
Housing and economic justice
2) detail oriented
DECISION-MAKING /MANAGEMENT STYLE:
Totally transparent on all matters. Once you’ve moved to co-founder status, we are a collaborative decision making team (six of us).
Since we ran out of funding by election time, we are in fundraising mode. So expect a volunteer status for at least the first month or two. Keep in mind, however, that our chief cofounder has been a fundraiser most of his life (raised $1.5 for many of his documentaries, for Nader, election protection causes, the Greens, etc), and is optimistic about raising sufficient funding to provide livable income for all WinWisely cofounders (who will get paid before himself!) by the beginning of 2019. He has also been the chief cofounder of two prior social venture startups that have succeeded, though not bigtime, one which recently raised $150k and soon to raise $500k. Besides the December grant, he knows several potential high donors to raise at least $150k more, by early next year.
YOU can be anywhere. We are based in NYC and our designer is in Seattle.
1. study our WinWisely.org splash page and organizer reviews
2. view Crowdacting.org (3min) and read bit.ly/WinWiselyPremises in ou demo packet
3. Drop us a cover letter at Gary@WinWisely.org with a resume and a short statement of interest, and then call Gary Krane at (802) 380-8880 to make sure we’ve gotten it. We'll try to get back to you within 48 hours. Weekend ok. Be sure to include in bullet points prior relevant accomplishments that might demonstrate your passion for saving the planet and/or democracy/ social justice and/or you skills as a Research or Outreach Director